Centre dAnālisi i Programes Sanitari
|Address:||Rambla Santa Mōnica, 10, 1š (UGT Building)|
CAPS (Centre dAnālisi i Programes Sanitaris, in English: Analysis and Health Programs Center) was established in 1983.
Objectives of the organisation:
- To encourage scientific activities to improve the quality of life and health of the citizens.
- To act as a forum around health care issues.
- Training for health professionals, especially primary care physicians, and citizens through courses. Also, scientific and environmental dissemination and lectures.
- To fight against discrimination in health services due to social class, gender, ethnic origins.
- To empower the community to become responsible over its own health.
CAPS has a women's section called Women, Health and Quality of Life. Inside this group there is a network called redCAPS, where health professional women have set up a forum to exchange scientific information, events or opinions about women health. This group organizes a self-training seminar and an intensive course about clinical management every year.