Network of East-West Women, NEWW
Democracy without women is no democracy
|City:||80 - 239 Gdansk|
|Address:||ul. Miszewskiego 17 p. 100|
Network of East-West Women Polska
NEWW On-Line, which is the first women's electronic communication network linking women's NGOs in the Newly Independent States (NIS), Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), Western Europe and the United States, and constitutes an effort to maximize informational exchange, develop technical and institutional skills, coordinate research and activist projects and influence policy decisions.
Book and Journal Project which contributes books and journals from the vast literature of modern women's movements to women's centers and to individuals in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) and the Newly Independent States.
Legal Fellowship Program - which provides intense education and training for recently graduated women attorneys from the region, interested in pursuing careers in women's human rights advocacy in the region. Economic and Social Policy Fellowship Program - builds the capacity of women in CEE/NIS to develop and promote gender sensitive economic policy, cultivate networks with seasoned, professional researchers and advocates, and participate in all levels of economic decision-making.
Gender Policy Conference - held every two years in the region brings together researcher and activists to develop joint strategies for women's economic justice initiatives. The first conference was held in July 2001 in Krakow, Poland.
Women's Economic Justice Network: Strengthening Feminist Economic Expertise in CEE/NIS - In partnership with NEWW, the project aims at:
- Increasing economic justice and security for CEE/NIS women in the context of privatization, globalization and regional integration processes.
- Increasing gender expertise in and knowledge of economic governance issues and macro-economic decision making processes.
- Strengthening the capacity of CEE/NIS women's NGOs to undertake economic justice advocacy.
- Collecting, analyzing and disseminating information about the gendered effects of economic policies on women in CEE/NIS.
- Developing an economic justice website and tool-kit from a gendered perspective.
Polish Translation and Adaptation of “Our Bodies, Ourselves” - The goal of this Project is to translate and adapt into Polish “Our Bodies, Ourselves” – the famous women's health information resource book which has been translated or adapted into 19 languages, including Braille. The translated text will raise awareness in Polish society about health, sexuality and reproductive rights, as well as distribute practical knowledge, individual advice, and recommendations for gender sensitive policy change.