Improve the socio-economic status of the Georgian population, protect the environment.
Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA) implements an integrated community development project. Their main focus is on Water and Sanitation, Natural Resources Management and Rural Development in rural areas. SEMA pays special attention to disadvantaged groups, through facilitating dialogue on issues such as access and ownership of resources as well as the management and flow of information. Good governance and human rights are also areas that SEMA focus on. By stimulating and supporting the villagersí own initiatives SEMA helps them solve their own problems and stresses on Human Rights Development Approach.
The main objective of the organization is to support communitiesí initiatives to tackle their own economic, social and environmental problems.
SEMA works towards:
1. Villages empowerment in terms of organization
2. Improved health and availability of safe and sustainable water
3. Improved attitudes towards environmental protection
4. Increased household income and economic activity
5. Enhancing preventive skills and measures against HIV/AIDS spreading among rural Communities