Latest Gender News!
WECF Gender News from the Sustainable Development Working Group
06.09.2005 |Ulrike Röhr
News compiled by Ulrike Roehr, Bianca Rohrbach and Muborak Sharipova.
Download the August / September Gender News (77 KB, doc).
This are the main issues of the Gender News:
NEWS FROM THE EU
- Eurobarometer 63: How European citizens view the European Union
- EWL lobbying on 2007, “European Year of Equal Opportunities for All'
- Report on gender discrimination and the health system adopted by the EP Women's Rights Committee
NEWS FROM THE WORLD
- The World Income Inequality Database
- Advance Social Watch Report 2005 on gender and poverty
- Despite Gains, Women Still Face Bias in Science Careers
- Third ‘Global Media Monitoring Project’
WOMEN & PEACE
- Peacebuilding in Postconflict Societies
- 5. anniversary of the adoption of Security Council resolution 1325 (SCR 1325) on women, peace and security
- Teaching materials
- Gender implications of emergencies
REPORTS & RESOURCES
- Special Gender Issue World-Economy & Development
- Gender Equality and Extension of Women Rights in Russia in the context of the MDG
- Russian Feminism Resources
- Engendering policy coherence for development: gender issues for the global policy agenda in the year 2005
- Gender audit of the EU pre-accession funds 1999–2004
- Fair play
- UN Security Council Resolution 1325 (2000) on Women, Peace and Security: Making it Work - Experiences in Canada, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom with Recommendations on implementation for Sweden
- Women & Elections: Guide to promoting the participation of women in elections
- Lessons learnt in gender mainstreaming
- Publication of the names of the 1000 Women for the Nobel Peace Prize 2005
- Women's Empowerment, Gender Equality and the Millennium Development Goals (2005)
- Taking Action: Achieving Gender Equality and Empowering Women
DATES / CONFERENCES
- Two is not enough for gender (e)quality
- Final Conference of Women in Net: “Gender Equality in Europe towards 2007-2013” – Women Resources Centres and Networking as Gender Mainstreaming Tools
- International Summer School: "Engendering Economic Policies in a Globalising World"
CALL FOR PAPERS
- do not exist. Europe, Woman And The Digital Medium (THEALIT)