ECO Forum/WECF and HEAL report
EEHC and Ministerial Declaration drafting group meetings October 13-15, 2009 Parma, Italy, in preparation of the 5th Ministerial Conference on Health and Environment to take place in Italy,9 – 12 March 2010
26.10.2009 |Sascha Gabizon (WECF) and Genon Jensen (HEAL)
Background: Sascha Gabizon (WECF) representing Eco Forum on behalf of the environmental NGOs (email@example.com) and Genon Jensen, representing Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) on behalf of the health NGOs (firstname.lastname@example.org) attended the EEHC meeting, and the Ministerial Declaration drafting group meetings.
Important main outcomes and upcoming dates:
- Revised draft Ministerial declaration with the majority of ECO Forum/WECF’s and HEAL’s priorities retained or in brackets. A new draft will be circulated to the drafting committee end October and to all member states end November for the next and final negotiating meeting to be held in January 2010 in Bonn, hosted by the German government.
- ECO Forum / HEAL Ministerial slot for CEHAPE: Confirmation of a 90 minute slot to present the CEHAPE awards and organize a ministerial panel in the context of the Parma Ministerial Conference on Thursday, March 11.
- Deadline for application for side events, exhibitions and posters for the Parma Ministerial has been extended to end of November 2009, the application for can be found here
- Deadline for applications for the Children Environmental Health Award is December 7th 2009, as many NGOs, schools, youth, women, local authorities and others should apply, see the WECF website
- Youth can nominate candidates to take part in the Youth event on March 9th 2010 in Parma (pre-conference) by contacting Alina at HEAL, CEHAPE youth representative: email@example.com
- Youth should contact their country delegation to require on the possibility to be part of the official delegation (member states have committed to having each 1 youth on their delegation). Contact your Ministry of Environment or Health!
- A policy meeting on gender and environmental inequalities will take place in Madrid on 10th and 11th of November
- The Water and Health protocol 10th anniversary will be celebrated with a pre-conference on March 9th in Parma, Italy (for information contact: Tomasz.Juszczak@unece.org)
Named thirty-third most influential sustainability fighter in the Netherlands
Priority Actions to Increase Access to Climate Finance for Non-State Actors
SB48 side event: 7 May 2018 at 16:45 CEST in room 181, UNFCCC, Bonn
Call for Action on Gender and a Pollution Free Planet
UNEA-3 meeting of Women Ministers and Leaders presents Call for Action
PRESS CONFERENCE: Gender Just Climate Solutions
Watch the press conference hosted today during UNFCCC's Gender Day at the climate negotiations in Bonn (COP23)
Icons of sustainability: climate change resistance as an art form
Bonn, Gender Just Climate Solutions opening ceremony, coordinated by WECF on behalf of the Women & Gender Constituency's