NGO Decentralised Environmental Solutions (DES) - A New WECF Partner in South Africa
On 15 July 2011 NGO Decentralised Environment Solutions (DES) was founded in South Africa.
On 15 July 2011 NGO Decentralised Environment Solutions (DES), the new WECF partner in South Africa, was founded.
DES's vision is to link energy, water and food security in policy and local action - "clean, lean and green". The NGO strives to promote self-sustainable communities through linking innovative environmental solutions to people’s livelihood strategies in South Africa and focuses mainly on the following issues:
- A healthier life through Improved Sanitation for All,
- Sustainable agriculture through usage of nutrient rich effluent and
- Food security and Job creation.
The starting points of the DES programme are the following projects:
- Memorandum of Understanding between eThekwini Municipality, BORDA, Khanyisa Projects and Universitiy of KwaZulu Natal (UKZN) on the treatment and re-use of domestic wastewater in Newlands Mashu, Durban.
- Memorandum of Understanding between Ethekwini Municipality-BORDA-HERING-UKZN on prefabricated Community Ablution Blocks and DEWATS treatment modules
More detailed information about the activities of Decentralised Environmental Solution (DES) can be found on www.des-za.org and on BORDA-SADC website.
Female deputies of Kyrgyz National Parliament commit to women empowerment and improved access to water and sanitation
A high-level stakeholder meeting took place on 28 May 2015, at the National Parliament (Jogorku Kenesh) of Kyrgyzstan in the framework of the Forum of Women of the Jogorku Kenesh
Kyrgyz deputies are concerned about water, sanitation and hygiene conditions in villages
Deputies of Kyrgyz Supreme Council visit villages to assess WASH issues in schools and kindergartens
Workshop WECF and EWB: Gender Aspects in Development Projects
Should women repair engines and could male engineers design successful cookstoves? Why distinguish ‘male’ and ‘female’ agricultural crops? And is gender equality a prerequisite for development? Join the workshop on 11th of June to find out more ..
"Rural drinking water supplies in Macedonia not safe due to improper management"
Water and Sanitation Safety Planning in rural Macedonia - Closing Conference on WECF Project
Example of Water Solidarity between France and Kyrgyzstan
Safe Drinking Water for An-Oston Village driven by a local women´s initiative