WECF Network at the 4th Finland Dry Toilet Conference 2012
On 22-25 August, 2012, WECF, together with its partners, will share the knowledge and experience in the field of water and sanitation at the Dry Toilet Conference in Finland
On 22 – 25 August, 2012, WECF and partners will be present on the 4th Finland Dry Toilet Conference 2012 where experts from all over the world meet every third year to share
their results and experiences about dry toilets in Tampere, Finland. A
major focus is on urine diverting dry toilets (UDDT) or often called Ecosan toilets.
WECF and partners were already accepted with the following topics as presentations:
- Claudia Wendland et al: Impact Assessment of Ecosan (UDDT) Toilets at Schools - Acceptance, Gender, Health aspects and Absenteeism
- Rostom Gamizonia et al: Providing all-round-service for sustainable sanitation in rural and peri-urban areas of Georgia – including marketing, agriculture and energy
- Rauf Sabitov: The experience in the implementation of ecological sanitation in Kazakhstan
- Anara Choitonbaeva et al: How to make sustainable sanitation really sustainable Up-scaling of ecosan (UDDT) in Kyrgyzstan, Central Asia
- Maria G. Alvarez et al: A concept for a sanitation chain of UDDT and the semi centralised production of Terra Preta
- Yuliya Fruman et al: Acceptance of UDDTs in Eastern Europe, Caucasus, and Central Asia
- Surayo Saidova et al: Equitable Access to Education and Development for Girls and Women - Improving women´s and girls´ hygienic situation in rural Tajikistan through implementing UDDT in schools and women development centers (WDC)
WECF implements decentralised, safe sustainable and affordable sanitation systems for rural areas and promotes in particular access to safe water and sanitation for schools. WECF raises awareness and mobilises citizens for sustainable water and wastewater management and promotes community based and affordable water supply systems for rural areas without a centralised drinking water supply. WECF and partners represent civil society in the UNECE Protocol on Water and Health process and advocate for an integrated and sustainable approach to water resource and river basin management.
Learn more about WECF activities in the field of Water and Sanitation.
Donate to WECF to support our campaigns
SDG6: Leave no-one behind
Stakeholder consultation on water and sanitation in Bokonbaev, Kyrgyzstan
English summary of WECF publication on pesticides in surface waters in Dutch province Drenthe
For our non Dutch readers we now publish an English summary of the publication about pesticide pollution in the surface waters of Drenthe
UNEP’s election results are in: Sascha is now regional representative
We are incredibly glad to inform you that our Executive Director Sascha Gabizon has been elected to be UNEP's regional representative for civil society in Europe. Thank you, we couldn't have made it without your incredible support and votes!
Presenting the Water and Sanitation Safety Planning Compendium and Results at the 24th SuSanA meeting in Stockholm
On the 26th of August the SuSanA meeting took place in Stockholm, where Claudia Wendland presented on water and sanitation safety planning
Onsite wastewater treatment: hands-on-workshop in An Oston, Kyrgyzstan
A hands-on-workshop on wastewater treatment was organised in An Oston to give villagers the capacities to manage their waste water.