WECF Network at the 4th Finland Dry Toilet Conference 2012
On 22-25 August, 2012, WECF, together with its partners, will share the knowledge and experience in the field of water and sanitation at the Dry Toilet Conference in Finland
On 22 – 25 August, 2012, WECF and partners will be present on the 4th Finland Dry Toilet Conference 2012 where experts from all over the world meet every third year to share
their results and experiences about dry toilets in Tampere, Finland. A
major focus is on urine diverting dry toilets (UDDT) or often called Ecosan toilets.
WECF and partners were already accepted with the following topics as presentations:
- Claudia Wendland et al: Impact Assessment of Ecosan (UDDT) Toilets at Schools - Acceptance, Gender, Health aspects and Absenteeism
- Rostom Gamizonia et al: Providing all-round-service for sustainable sanitation in rural and peri-urban areas of Georgia – including marketing, agriculture and energy
- Rauf Sabitov: The experience in the implementation of ecological sanitation in Kazakhstan
- Anara Choitonbaeva et al: How to make sustainable sanitation really sustainable Up-scaling of ecosan (UDDT) in Kyrgyzstan, Central Asia
- Maria G. Alvarez et al: A concept for a sanitation chain of UDDT and the semi centralised production of Terra Preta
- Yuliya Fruman et al: Acceptance of UDDTs in Eastern Europe, Caucasus, and Central Asia
- Surayo Saidova et al: Equitable Access to Education and Development for Girls and Women - Improving women´s and girls´ hygienic situation in rural Tajikistan through implementing UDDT in schools and women development centers (WDC)
WECF implements decentralised, safe sustainable and affordable sanitation systems for rural areas and promotes in particular access to safe water and sanitation for schools. WECF raises awareness and mobilises citizens for sustainable water and wastewater management and promotes community based and affordable water supply systems for rural areas without a centralised drinking water supply. WECF and partners represent civil society in the UNECE Protocol on Water and Health process and advocate for an integrated and sustainable approach to water resource and river basin management.
Learn more about WECF activities in the field of Water and Sanitation.
Donate to WECF to support our campaigns
Calling for periods free from plastic & hazardous chemicals
Letter to Frédérique Ries, MEP, European Parliament on behalf of the #BreakFreeFromPlastics movement
Together for sustainable sanitation and water security worldwide!
Stockholm, 26-31 Aug 2018: WECF participated in the World Water Week 2018 to further support the worldwide implementation of SDG 6
Fifth meeting of the Expert Group on Equitable Access to Water and Sanitation, 26 - 27 June 2018
WECF shares experiences on developing and implementing Equitable Access Action Plans
National Round Table and Training on Drinking Water Issues and Priorities in Macedonia
Working Package 2 – Educational measures for responsible institutions and drafting of regulations, among the on-going project „Water and Sanitation Safety Planning in Romania, Albania, and FYR Macedonia”
Training for Teachers on Water and Sanitation Safety Planning
Women in Development and WECF organise a 2-day workshop in Shkodra region, Albania