WECF Network at the 4th Finland Dry Toilet Conference 2012
On 22-25 August, 2012, WECF, together with its partners, will share the knowledge and experience in the field of water and sanitation at the Dry Toilet Conference in Finland
On 22 – 25 August, 2012, WECF and partners will be present on the 4th Finland Dry Toilet Conference 2012 where experts from all over the world meet every third year to share
their results and experiences about dry toilets in Tampere, Finland. A
major focus is on urine diverting dry toilets (UDDT) or often called Ecosan toilets.
WECF and partners were already accepted with the following topics as presentations:
- Claudia Wendland et al: Impact Assessment of Ecosan (UDDT) Toilets at Schools - Acceptance, Gender, Health aspects and Absenteeism
- Rostom Gamizonia et al: Providing all-round-service for sustainable sanitation in rural and peri-urban areas of Georgia – including marketing, agriculture and energy
- Rauf Sabitov: The experience in the implementation of ecological sanitation in Kazakhstan
- Anara Choitonbaeva et al: How to make sustainable sanitation really sustainable Up-scaling of ecosan (UDDT) in Kyrgyzstan, Central Asia
- Maria G. Alvarez et al: A concept for a sanitation chain of UDDT and the semi centralised production of Terra Preta
- Yuliya Fruman et al: Acceptance of UDDTs in Eastern Europe, Caucasus, and Central Asia
- Surayo Saidova et al: Equitable Access to Education and Development for Girls and Women - Improving women´s and girls´ hygienic situation in rural Tajikistan through implementing UDDT in schools and women development centers (WDC)
WECF implements decentralised, safe sustainable and affordable sanitation systems for rural areas and promotes in particular access to safe water and sanitation for schools. WECF raises awareness and mobilises citizens for sustainable water and wastewater management and promotes community based and affordable water supply systems for rural areas without a centralised drinking water supply. WECF and partners represent civil society in the UNECE Protocol on Water and Health process and advocate for an integrated and sustainable approach to water resource and river basin management.
Learn more about WECF activities in the field of Water and Sanitation.
Donate to WECF to support our campaigns
In 2016, WECF began a campaign to raise €4,000 in 30 days to install biogas toilet systems for deprived families in Uganda
Not only did WECF reach their goal of 15 toilets, but were able to raise more than €4,600 to install 17 toilets
Empower Kyrgyz women in using green technologies – Support the ecological transition!
Active Kyrgyz women are building a sustainable and eco-friendly resource centre as little actions can make great things happening. Take part in these changes!
Small-scale water supplies in rural areas in Macedonia
Civil society conference to introduce our Water and Sanitation Safety Planning (WSSP) project and Comendium in Romania and Macedonia“
November 19, World Toilet Day
New ecosan toilet relief to girls attending Busi Parents School in Uganda
Taking responsibility for safe water and adequate sanitation in rural Romania
In the frame of the annual professional water and wastewater conference EcoImpuls in Timisoara, Romania, Aquademica organized a workshop for mayors in the region. The aim was to raise awareness about the responsibilities of the mayors to safely manage water and sanitation in their rural areas.