World Water Day
Events related to World Water Day 22 March 2013
Next week, as a prelude to World Water Day (22th of March), attention is raised to the issue of international water cooperation. As this strikes to the heart of the subject of the European Citizens’ Initiative ‘Water is a Human Right’, several events are organized all over Europe. Naturally, the goal of these events is to raise the importance of water, not as a commodity, but as a human right. Several events are listed below. While visiting one of these events, please do not forget to raise your voice and sign the ECI!
- 18 March: press conference and TV in Lithuania
- 18-23 March: whole week of signature collection in Lithuania
- 19 March: event in ECAS and EP, Brussels
- 19 March: event in Rome (FP-CGIL)
- 19-23 March: signature collection in several cities in Italy
- 21 March: demo and signature collection in Dublin.
- 21 March: Multi-stakeholder Forum Water post-2015 target The Hague
- 22 March: (official UNESCO-)World Water Day event in The Hague
- 22 March: events in Berlin, Brussels, Vienna, Paris
- 23 March: signature collection event in Brussels: Parvis St. Gilles and place Flagey
- 23 March: event in Zaragoza, Spain
- 26-27 March: event in Athens
EU LIFE launches AskREACH Project
New project from EU Life to generate more attention and consciousness about Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC).
WECF at 6th Meeting of the Parties to the Aarhus Convention in Budva, Montenegro (11 to 14 September 2017)
WECF, as part of the NGO coalition under the European ECOForum, participated in the 6th MOP of the Aarhus Convention that was hosted by Montenegro in Budva.
Biomonitoring of lead and cadmium: Preliminary study on the added value for human exposure and effect assessment
The RIVM (Dutch national institute for public health and the environment) published a report on the biomonitoring of substances possibly hazardous to health
WECF’s Sascha Gabizon nominated as UNEP’s Regional Representative for Europe
Our executive director Sascha Gabizon has been nominated for the Regional Representative elections of the United Nations Environmental Programme.
Milestone achievement: Asbestos banned in Ukraine
Ukraine's Ministry of Health banned asbestos in Ukraine. WECF's and other civil society organisations' work paid off!