World Water Day
Events related to World Water Day 22 March 2013
Next week, as a prelude to World Water Day (22th of March), attention is raised to the issue of international water cooperation. As this strikes to the heart of the subject of the European Citizens’ Initiative ‘Water is a Human Right’, several events are organized all over Europe. Naturally, the goal of these events is to raise the importance of water, not as a commodity, but as a human right. Several events are listed below. While visiting one of these events, please do not forget to raise your voice and sign the ECI!
- 18 March: press conference and TV in Lithuania
- 18-23 March: whole week of signature collection in Lithuania
- 19 March: event in ECAS and EP, Brussels
- 19 March: event in Rome (FP-CGIL)
- 19-23 March: signature collection in several cities in Italy
- 21 March: demo and signature collection in Dublin.
- 21 March: Multi-stakeholder Forum Water post-2015 target The Hague
- 22 March: (official UNESCO-)World Water Day event in The Hague
- 22 March: events in Berlin, Brussels, Vienna, Paris
- 23 March: signature collection event in Brussels: Parvis St. Gilles and place Flagey
- 23 March: event in Zaragoza, Spain
- 26-27 March: event in Athens
World Water Day 2017: Why waste water is part of the Sustainable Development Goals?
SDG6 is about ensuring adequate and sustainable water supply. One of the targets is to halve the proportion of untreated wastewater
WECF at CSW61: invitation to our side event "Empowering Energy"
SPEAKER ANNOUNCEMENT: come along and join our fruitful discussion on gender just energy cooperatives as source for economic empowerment.
Who will stop the destruction of trees in Kamiansk (Dniprodzerzhynsk)?
Ukrainian partner Voice of Nature protects the environment in the Ukrainian city of Kamiansk
The Gender Dimensions of Hazardous Substances and Waste
WECF and Indonesian partner Balifokus organised stakeholder forum on how to address POPs and how to protect women and men from banned hazardous chemicals