World Water Day
Events related to World Water Day 22 March 2013
Next week, as a prelude to World Water Day (22th of March), attention is raised to the issue of international water cooperation. As this strikes to the heart of the subject of the European Citizens’ Initiative ‘Water is a Human Right’, several events are organized all over Europe. Naturally, the goal of these events is to raise the importance of water, not as a commodity, but as a human right. Several events are listed below. While visiting one of these events, please do not forget to raise your voice and sign the ECI!
- 18 March: press conference and TV in Lithuania
- 18-23 March: whole week of signature collection in Lithuania
- 19 March: event in ECAS and EP, Brussels
- 19 March: event in Rome (FP-CGIL)
- 19-23 March: signature collection in several cities in Italy
- 21 March: demo and signature collection in Dublin.
- 21 March: Multi-stakeholder Forum Water post-2015 target The Hague
- 22 March: (official UNESCO-)World Water Day event in The Hague
- 22 March: events in Berlin, Brussels, Vienna, Paris
- 23 March: signature collection event in Brussels: Parvis St. Gilles and place Flagey
- 23 March: event in Zaragoza, Spain
- 26-27 March: event in Athens
Call to implement Better Regulation principles in EU action on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals
NGOs call for horizontal criteria to identify endocrine disruptors in all types of applications, not just pesticides and biocides and urge EU Commission to redesign its currently proposed EDC criteria
Vote in the Women’s Major Group elections!
Our Executive Director Sascha Gabizon is running for regional Organising Partner of European, Caucasus and Central Asian region (UNECE).
"The Nigerian women and Stockholm Convention" - POPs related eco-hazards and their disproportionate effect on women can never be overemphasised
Article Punch magazine reflects importance of WEP and WECF Stakeholder consultation on gender meainstreaming in hazardous chemicals policy and waste management
Regional African Training for Women #Agenda2030 advocates, trainers and media experts from civil society
Women Environmental Programme (WEP) convened 2-day training for expert women Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)
Empower Kyrgyz women in using green technologies – Support the ecological transition!
Active Kyrgyz women are building a sustainable and eco-friendly resource centre as little actions can make great things happening. Take part in these changes!