World Water Day
Events related to World Water Day 22 March 2013
Next week, as a prelude to World Water Day (22th of March), attention is raised to the issue of international water cooperation. As this strikes to the heart of the subject of the European Citizens’ Initiative ‘Water is a Human Right’, several events are organized all over Europe. Naturally, the goal of these events is to raise the importance of water, not as a commodity, but as a human right. Several events are listed below. While visiting one of these events, please do not forget to raise your voice and sign the ECI!
- 18 March: press conference and TV in Lithuania
- 18-23 March: whole week of signature collection in Lithuania
- 19 March: event in ECAS and EP, Brussels
- 19 March: event in Rome (FP-CGIL)
- 19-23 March: signature collection in several cities in Italy
- 21 March: demo and signature collection in Dublin.
- 21 March: Multi-stakeholder Forum Water post-2015 target The Hague
- 22 March: (official UNESCO-)World Water Day event in The Hague
- 22 March: events in Berlin, Brussels, Vienna, Paris
- 23 March: signature collection event in Brussels: Parvis St. Gilles and place Flagey
- 23 March: event in Zaragoza, Spain
- 26-27 March: event in Athens
The Only Way to Honour the Dead is to Fight Like Hell for the Living!
Gender Day Action at the Climate Negotiations (COP23): Women's Human Rights and Environmental Defenders (WHRDs) Resist
Meet the winners of the Gender Just Climate Solutions Award Ceremony
These inspiring projects won the Gender Just Climate Solutions Award Ceremony at the COP23 in Bonn
PRESS CONFERENCE: Gender Just Climate Solutions
Watch the press conference hosted today during UNFCCC's Gender Day at the climate negotiations in Bonn (COP23)
Feminists Demand A Gender Just Transition at Climate Negotiations (COP23)
Bonn, Women & Gender Constituency's Key Demands
Award Ceremony: Gender Just Climate Solutions (COP23)
The Women and Gender Constituency of the UNFCCC invites you, Monday November 13, to an Award Ceremony celebrating creative transformative solutions for climate change.