World Water Day
Events related to World Water Day 22 March 2013
Next week, as a prelude to World Water Day (22th of March), attention is raised to the issue of international water cooperation. As this strikes to the heart of the subject of the European Citizens’ Initiative ‘Water is a Human Right’, several events are organized all over Europe. Naturally, the goal of these events is to raise the importance of water, not as a commodity, but as a human right. Several events are listed below. While visiting one of these events, please do not forget to raise your voice and sign the ECI!
- 18 March: press conference and TV in Lithuania
- 18-23 March: whole week of signature collection in Lithuania
- 19 March: event in ECAS and EP, Brussels
- 19 March: event in Rome (FP-CGIL)
- 19-23 March: signature collection in several cities in Italy
- 21 March: demo and signature collection in Dublin.
- 21 March: Multi-stakeholder Forum Water post-2015 target The Hague
- 22 March: (official UNESCO-)World Water Day event in The Hague
- 22 March: events in Berlin, Brussels, Vienna, Paris
- 23 March: signature collection event in Brussels: Parvis St. Gilles and place Flagey
- 23 March: event in Zaragoza, Spain
- 26-27 March: event in Athens
Eco-Activism: What it is and Why it is Relevant
In light of this year’s theme “New Activism”, Women and Environment Network WECF, Women Engage for a Common Future, will organize a workshop on eco-activism during Africaday in Amsterdam. What is eco-activism and what are its challenges?
13.04.2018 | Audrey Van Schoote
COME AND JOIN US TO MAKE EUROPE SUSTAINABLE FOR ALL: APPLY FOR A GRANT FOR YOUR LOCAL PROJECT!
Through WECF you can apply for local project grants in The Netherlands, Germany and France.
WECF at the second SAICM International meeting in Stockholm, IP2
NGOs active for a future international chemicals and waste framework, aiming high level of protection for human health and environment
Hazardous chemicals: replacing it is not the solution.
Corporations and industrials are permitted to switch out one EDC for another that possesses the same hazardous properties.
How was your #PlasticFreeLent?
The last 40 days WECF ran a different Lent, a Plastic-free Lent!