Priority Actions to Increase Access to Climate Finance for Non-State Actors
SB48 side event: 7 May 2018 at 16:45 CEST in room 181, UNFCCC, Bonn
WECF will be presenting a comparative study conducted with support of the Heinrich Böll Foundation in 8 countries on the topic: "Financing and enabling access to affordable, decentralized and renewable energy and fostering women’s empowerment through gender-just energy-cooperatives". We will have the testimony of our Georgian partner, Nino Margvelashvili, Women Director of the Georgian “CLEEN Energy Umbrella Cooperative”, invited especially for this side event. So don't miss the opportunity too come and ask Nino directly how a gender-responsive energy cooperative works in practice!
Monday, 7 May 2018 at 16:45 CEST
Room 181, SB48, UNFCCC, Bonn
Introduction and facilitation by Ronan Dantec, President of Climate Chance Association, Senator for the Loire-Atlantique Region – France, UCLG spokesperson for climate.
Talanoa Dialogue previous day's stock-take, by the Climate Finance Coalition, regarding “13 priority actions to increase access to climate finance for non-state actors”. (20min)
- Carlos de Freitas: Program Director of the FMDV.
- Representative of UCLG (tbc).
- Anne Barre: Gender and Climate Policies, WECF International : financing gender-responsive climate action for a successful implementation of the Paris Agreement.
Financing and enabling access to affordable, decentralized and renewable energy and fostering women’s empowerment through gender-just energy-cooperatives (20min)
- Katharina Habersbrunner: Head of Energy and Climate, WECF International: Potential of energy cooperatives to meet emission targets and supply society with affordable, decentralized and renewable energy and gender-sensitive participation opportunities.
- Nino Margvelashvili: Women Director of the Georgian “CLEEN ENERGY UMBRELLA COOPERATIVE”: Good practice - Gender-just umbrella cooperative in Georgia.
Update on the challenges and opportunities emerged in relation to the access to climate finance through the Cities and Regions Talanoa Dialogues process (10min)
- Representative of ICLEI.
Tools for access to finance (10min)
- Cristiana V. Fragola: Director of Partnerships & Government Relations, Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy
INVITATION: join our @ClimateChance #SB48 side event"Priority actions to increase access to climate finance for non-state actors" on Monday (7 May, 16:45, room 181) Read more: https://t.co/eV58bmYKvL #womenclimatejustice #sb48 #cop24 pic.twitter.com/s3jqlQfxNs— WECF international (@WECF_INT) May 3, 2018
What to expect from the climate talks that resumed in Bangkok this week?
COP24: second intersession of the climate change negotiations 2018, Bangkok, Thailand
Application open for Gender Just Climate Solutions Award 2018!
WECF and partners invite you to participate in the 4th annual Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards
Women and Gender Constituency Joint Statement On SB48
Real commitment to rights-based, gender-just solutions to climate change is imperative for the effective implementation of the Paris Agreement.
Bonn Climate Talks: Slow Progress but the Gender Action Plan is rolling!
WECF was in Bonn from April 30th to May 10th. Read below our comments.
SB48 Side Event “Access to climate finance for non-state actors”
WECF to launch energy community study and to introduce gender-just energy cooperative model in Georgia