Listen to the recording of our Webinar on Gender and the SDGs - In preparation of the HLPF 2018
Countries are implementing policies and programs to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Gender and equality are cross-cutting issues throughout the 17 goals and 169 targets. In advance of the HLPF on Sustainable Development taking place from 9 to 18 July, the webinar is an opportunity to explore how to ensure gender and equality are at the forefront of SDG implementation
Webinar on Gender and SDGs - In preparation on the HLPF 2018
Countries are implementing policies and programs to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Gender and equality are cross-cutting issues throughout the 17 goals and 169 targets.
In advance of the HLPF on Sustainable Development taking place from 9 to 18 July, this webinar was an opportunity to explore how to ensure gender and equality are at the forefront of SDG implementation, including what gender and equality advocates can do to hold their countries accountable and monitor progress.
What are the areas for civil society to influence the SDG process? How to get information if you country is doing a VNR, how to get involved? What are the major groups & other stakeholders?
The theme will be "Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies". The set of goals to be reviewed in depth will be the following, including Goal 17:
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
The focus of the webinar will be on how UN member states and CSOs are preparing to report on SDG 6, 7 and 12, as well as 15 and 16. We will also give examples from CSO questions about the Voluntary National Reviews which member states are presenting.
Agenda and speakers:
- Sascha Gabizon, International director WECF: Introduction to HLPF 2018, preparations on Voluntary National Reviews and on SDG6 - Water and Sanitation
- Camila ROLANDO, ICTA UAB: SDG 15, 12 and linking to SDG16 to better protect environmental defenders through legal and juridical means
- Katharina Habersbrunner, Head of energy and climate WECF: How to assure equal access to save, renewable and affordable energy? What to focus on for the SDG7 review?
- Johanna Hausmann, Senior advisor for chemicals WECF: Sustainable consumption and production SDG12 - why are critical problems of waste and toxic chemicals and their impact on women and men missing from the SDG12 review and what to do about it
Moderator: Tbd, EEB
DEAR Webinar on SDG 6,7 and 12 and cross cutting gender by WECF
This webinar has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The contents of this webinar are the sole responsibility of “Make Europe Sustainable For All” project and can under no circumstances be taken as reflecting the position of the European Union.
Getting to the Future We Want
4-7 November, Brussels: European Environmental Bureau’s (EEB) Annual Conference
WECF and partners all over Europe start GoodFood4All Campaign
The Netherlands in the next gear - Adopt an SDG Live!
WECF and Building Change organised the event “The Netherlands in the next gear – Adopt an SDG live” on 27 September in the Koorenhuis in The Hague
Together for sustainable sanitation and water security worldwide!
Stockholm, 26-31 Aug 2018: WECF participated in the World Water Week 2018 to further support the worldwide implementation of SDG 6