Geneva NGO Forum for Beijing +20 UN ECE Regional Review
03.11.2014 - 05.11.2014 | Geneva, Palais des Nations
NGO CSW GENEVA is organizing the Geneva NGO Forum – Beijing +20, UN ECE Regional Review, from 3-5 November 2014 in Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
The time has come where the women of the world need to assess the unfinished business 20 years after Beijing with ‘A Call for Transformation’.
Please consult the special web site beijing20.ngocsw-geneva.ch where you find all relevant documents, Registration form and a Call to submit brief Abstracts by experts in your country assessing achievements and gaps in implementing the 12 critical areas of concern adopted by your government in Beijing 20 years ago.
We look forward to greeting you in Geneva and to work with you in bringing urgent recommendations to the ECE governmental review process, which will follow the NGO Forum on 6-7 November.
WECF Director Sascha Gabizon will be giving a speech during the first day. See below. For all other program details visit the special website
All sessions will take place in room XVII of the Palais des Nations
12:00 – 15:00 Welcome & Registration
15:00 – 16:00 Opening ceremony
Master of Ceremony: Simone Ovart, Forum Co-chair; Representative to the UN ZONTA Intl.
- Ms. Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda, NGO CSW Geneva President; Forum Chair; General Secretary World YWCA
- Mr. Michael Møller, Acting Director-General, UN Office Geneva
- Mr. François Longchamp, President of the State Council for the Canton of Geneva
- Ms. Monika Linn, Principal Advisor UN ECE
- Ms. Ursula Funk, Senior Advisor, Swiss Agency for Development & Cooperation
- Ms. Sascha Gabizon, Executive Director, Women in Europe for a Common Future (WECF); Elected Representative, Women’s Major Group (WMG)
- Ms. Farida Lansarova, Young Feminist & Activist, co-founder of Bishkek Feminist Collective SQ, Kyrgyzstan