Programme Gender Day at COP 20/CMP10
The programme of Gender Day at the COP20/CMP 10 that will be held on December 9 is now available. The programme can be found here in PDF.
Breakfast Meeting of the Network of Women Ministers and Leaders for the Environment
Press Conference by the UNFCCC Women and Gender Constituency
Interviews at the UNFCCC Climate Change Studio
- Throughout Gender Day, the Climate Change Studio will feature interviews on the linkages between gender and climate change.
High-Level Event on Gender and Climate Change
- Hosted by the UNFCCC secretariat and organized in cooperation with UN Women, UNDP, GGCA and the UNFCCC Women and Gender Constituency, this event will bring together influential women and men leaders to envision a way forward to a sustainable future in which fully empowered women and men can be drivers of change. It will also commemorate the 20th anniversary of the adoption of the Beijing Platform for Action (Beijing+20).
- High-level representatives of Parties, UN organizations, and representatives of civil society will speak on ways to advancing the intersection of gender equality and climate change.
UNFCCC Momentum for Change Initiative: Women for Results
- Organized by the UNFCCC secretariat this event will showcase 2014 Lighthouse Activities that demonstrate the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change. These activities bring measurable results, which can potentially be replicated and scaled up at the local, national and international levels.
20:00-22:00, Peruvian Pavilion
Cocktail Reception: Advancing Gender Equality for Climate Action
- The reception will be hosted by the Government of Peru and IUCN in cooperation with the Governments of Finland, Spain, Mexico, Netherlands, Mozambique, the UNFCCC secretariat, GGCA, UN Women, UNDP, Spanish Cooperation in Peru, the UNFCCC Women and Gender constituency and WEDO.
- A short twenty-minute programme will include welcoming remarks from the organizers followed by a panel discussion on how to advance the integration of gender consideration in the new climate change agreement and mainstream them in relevant national policies and actions.