Side Event "Let's Ensure a Healthy Future" - WHO 6th Ministerial Conference
13.06.2017 | Cinema Auditorium, Science & Technology Centre, Ostrava, Czech Republic
Protecting children from exposure to harmful chemicals to avoid irreversible damage.
INVITATION Side Event "Let's Ensure a Healthy Future" at the WHO Sixth Ministerial Conference on Environment and Health side event.
Environmental Health Costs and Risks
Presentations will be presented on the evolving understanding of the health costs and risks, the costs of inaction and good examples. Examples will include alternatives to chrysotile Asbestos, Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs), Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs), heavy metals and water-related pollution.
Concrete good practices will be shown from projects on non-chemical alternatives and chemicals, water protection and circular economy policies from Albania, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Georgia and Moldova.
This side event is organised by WECF ‘s network of partners from across the WHO-Euro region, in collaboration with HEAL, IPEN and the German Environment Agency UBA. Other invited participants to share experiences from Republic of Moldova, Denmark, Sweden, France and the Netherlands.
- Maria Krautzberger, President, German Federal Agency of Environment (UBA)
- Marietta Khurshudyan, Armenian Women for Health and a Healthy Environment, Armenia
- Miroslava Jopkova, ARNICA, Czech Republic
- Olga Ponizova, ECO Accord, Russia
- Caroline Paul, Ministry of Health, France
- Sascha Gabizon, WECF International
- Dr. Michaela Vasilescu, Bucharest University, Romania
- Dr. Claudia Wendland, WECF Germany
- Natasa Dokovska, Journalists for Human Rights, FYR Macedonia
Moderated by Dr. Claudia Wendland & Sascha Gabizon, WECF
Respondent: Brigitte Dessing, Programme Health and Environment, Netherlands Ministerie of Infrastructure & Environment (I&M)