WECF at CSW61: Women's Economic Empowerment in the Changing World at Work
Follow the latest updates on our work at CSW61, download related publications and learn about our activities
|Donors:||Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ); European Commission's International Cooperation and Development (DEVCO)|
|Issues:||gender & rights; renewable energy; economic empowerment|
|Duration:||03/2017 - 03/2017|
The sixty-first session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 13 to 24 March 2017.
WECF is in New York to do policy work with Women's Major Group (as Operational Partner) and #women2030 (as project partner).
If you missed our event, don't despair it was livestreamed and you can watch it here.
Empowering Energy Presentations
- Nino Gamisonia: (RCDA) - Energy Cooperatives, experiences from the ground in Georgia
- Liane Schalatek: (Heinrich Boell Stiftung), Increasing the Gender-Responsiveness of Renewable Energy Financing
- Olga Djanaeva: (Alga), Rural women and energy issues in Kyrgyzstan
Read up on energy cooperatives
- Factsheet: Gender-sensitive sustainable energy cooperatives in astern Europe and the Caucasus
- Publication: Women’s Access to Energy in Georgia Challenges and Recommendations
- Project Page: Civil society Local Energy Efficiency Network (CLEEN)
- Blog: Georgian Energy Cooperatives joined forces and created umbrella cooperative for a more effective Gender Sensitive Energy Transition
- Blog: Introducing a new phenomenon in Armenia: Energy Cooperatives
Read up on #women2030
Global Gender and Environment Outlook
WECF at CSW61: invitation to our side event "Empowering Energy"
SPEAKER ANNOUNCEMENT: come along and join our fruitful discussion on gender just energy cooperatives as source for economic empowerment.